Monday, 20 December 2010

Countdown to Christmas tag 20

This tag was inspired by the glitter stars I have on my Christmas tree. I have always loved the look of the antique German glass glitter and the texture it adds. This was a more simple tag. I recommend you figure out where your stars are going to go and then stamp the numbers before attaching the stars as it is hard to stamp around dimensional products.

Make sure you enter to win today's prizes from Bazzill and Margie Aslett Romney's-Girls Paperie Tinsel and Twig collection at the TC blog. I have always loved the Bazzill cardstock since it first came out and it is still one of my go to items that I constantly use. Even though I don't live that far from Margie-I don't really know her but I have always admired her energy and her style and her products are amazing.

You all may be wondering why I use the Versafine ink. I own and have tried about every brand out there on the market. The Versafine ink is the only permanent ink I have found that does not stain my stamps and it gives crisp clear images and I can emboss with it. Since I do frequently use clear watermark type ink like the Versamark pads and white ink pads-I need to have my stamps clean as to not contaminate them. But this is a totally personal choice and it also depends on what look you want your projects to have.

I already had the quote from several years ago but you could actually make a stamp like this. Basically to do text stamps you create a black text box and make the type white. You can create legible text stamps with type as small as 6 pt but you need to be careful when washing it so you don't scrub away the teeny, tiny dots for the i's etc.

* Note-If you are wondering why the glitter looks a little different than the Gentry's glitter is that I did not have any when I did this project and also I wanted to use the chunkier, antique glass glitter. Please be careful of this if you have small children and when cleaning this up because it is glass. The TCD glitter is not glass and adds a beautiful shine to your projects.

Product List:
TCD Noel Red Damask
*TCD Blingage Gentry's Glitter-see note
Black Onyx Versafine ink by Tsukineko
Chipboard stars
pop dots
green velvet ribbon
Quote on ivory cardstock

1 comment:

  1. wonderful

    Making Cards for Brenner Children's Hospital every month. This would make my task so much easier Teresa. Thanks for chance to win these.

    Would love to in these products. I make cards and semd in once every months.

    I also do cards for soldiers, so I stay busy. I have an illness that keeps me in Pj's for months at a time, so I know something about being sick. This is why I make so many cards to donate.

    I am raising 3 grandchildren so not much money left for Grandma, lol.

    chris wooten
    mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete