Friday, 16 December 2011

Create a Calendar by DT member Cheri Piles

Design Team member Cheri Piles created her own custom calendar with stamps she created using the TC Stampmaker.  One the best things about the Stampmaker is that you can customize your stamps to fit your style.



So without further ado here are Cheri's pictures and  instructions.

Old fashioned clipboard calendar using Teresa Collins World Traveler and Stampmaker




Last year I created a calendar using an old fashioned clipboard as seen here. My family and I have enjoyed it so much this last year. I will continue to use it. 
On an outing I came across yet another old fashioned calendar and could not resist how perfect it would be to create yet another calendar and incorporate my own image stamps using the Teresa Colllins Stampmaker and the NEW 6x6 paper pads she came out with. I used the WORLD TRAVELER collection because the rich colors go so well in my home and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the patterns.
It was so fun to create not only the months with my Stampmaker but also the individual weeks and numbers! I did print out the calendar base using a basic ms word template, which I could have easily made into a stamp too but I had a “moment” and I printed before I realized I could have done so. Oh well, next time. 
I stamped  the small numbers first on each of the calendar templates, then I created labels for the months using the back side of the “Collage” paper.
To create the calendar, I chose 12 base papers from the collection. Then using one of my favorite Cricut cartridges – Elegant Edges I created three different frames using black cardstock alternating them throughout the calendar. I chose a coordinating paper from the 6X6 paper pad to layer behind each frame. Then with left over edges I created another frame layer by cutting the outer edge of the 6x6 paper and flipping it over to show the opposite side on the top of the black cardstock frame. Each of the black frames is adhered using 3D foam squares to give depth and more texture.
Once I completed each of the pages, calendars and frames I went back through and added page corners to ones that needed a “little more” something and then I created scalloped strips from the black glitter paper (which by the way does not rub off!!)   ;)
 I really am so impressed with the WORLD TRAVELER line because you DON’T have to use it necessarily for travel, you can create something like I did (12 pages of goodness!!) and you would NEVER even know it was a travel line – it’s THAT versatile.
Hope you enjoy! ~Cheri
http://cherinspirations.blogspot.com




















No comments:

Post a Comment