Monday, 3 September 2012

“That makes us family” by Amanda Jones Robinson

Thanks to Amanda Jones Robinson for sending in this page layout. 
Using August stamp designs: chevrons, arrows and days of the week.

Here are some notes from Amanda about how she achieved this look!

What you need

Cream 12x12 cardstock, brown paper bag, August stamp download, black ink pad, Crafter’s workshop Argyll patterned stencil, gold paint, mixture of ink sprays to suit your colour scheme, alphabet stencil (I created mine with the Silhouette cameo), label stickers, journal tage and button flair from Ormolu.  

How to create this layout

This page was so much fun to make and there really are no rules! To create my page foundation I painted gold paint through a stencil onto a paper bag. One it was dry I applied glue sparingly to the bag and adhered it to my page so that not all of it as firmly attached. Once the glue was dry I peeled away that parts that were not stuck down to create the torn effect you see here.
It was then a case of adding layers of spray ink, stamped images, stencilled letters, etc until I had a look I was happy with. Give it a try! It was so much fun and you can’t go wrong!
Once the background was dry I added a few labels and the Ormolu tag and flair, and finished off with my journaling.

 

Time taken
3 hours (including drying time!)

TIP: To add your journaling on top of mixed media layers I highly recommend Faber Castell Pitt pens. They will write perfectly on top of anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment