Here is the last of the Thanksgiving projects that we have been sharing with you all this week. This project idea is from Valerie Mangan and a beautiful one it is!
What you need Photocentric Free Download for October
Heat embossing powder
Various ink pads (I used VersaMark, Staz On – black)
Assorted patterned paper envelopes, wood veneer frames, black & white baker’s twine, white cardstock
Adhesive dots and dimensional tabs.
What to do
Concept: These Thanksgiving/holiday place cards are made of small patterned paper envelopes that contain a piece of kraft paper stamped with the ‘I’m thankful for’ sentiment from the set. Hopefully each guest will write down one thing they are thankful for and put the paper back in the envelope to be saved. After the holiday these would make a great addition to a Thanksgiving/holiday mini album or scrapbook page.
1) Stamp acorn/oak leaf background stamp in black ink. Stamp the image again and heat emboss with orange powder. Set aside.
2) Stamp and heat emboss sentiments. Also stamp with black ink. Trim sentiments into banners.
3) Punch circles from background stamped areas and apply one each to center of small patterned envelopes.
4) Add wood veneer circular frames over punched circles and wrap with twine. Tuck sentiment banners into frames
5) Stamp “I’m thankful for’ onto kraft paper and tuck into envelopes.
Time taken: Approx. 1.5 hours
TIP: Let the little envelope flap serve as a small easel for the place card.