Sunday, 27 October 2013

Peek-A-Boo

Photocentrics and Teresa Collins Stampmaker are sponsering this month's challenge from The Studio Challenges. It is a Pinterest Challenge. Get inspired by this picture:


 I must start with telling you I really do not like purple. Nevertheless, I am always up for a challenge so I decided to get inspired by the mask, the gold, the feathers and the color purple.

My page is made in different layers. I started with a purple PP from FabScraps Angelic Christmas on which I placed a slightly smaller water color paper. I placed it a bit skew and stitched it on. I then added some stencils from Crafter's Workshop and a lot of different stamps I made using the Teresa Collins Stampmaker from Photocentric.

.

Next I cut out two photos and some FabScraps PP slightly bigger than the photos. I creased the PP in my hand and then distressed the edges with Dusty Concord distress ink before I smoothed them out again and added beneath my photos.



The Chipboard is from FabScraps and I altered them first with gold ink and then with gold embossing powder before I distressed the edges with Black Sooth distress ink.


I stamped with a text stamp randomly on the background.


I fuzzy-cut a cage and birds from the FabScraps Angelic Christmas PP and added a purple feather. I also punched a purple stripe from the PP but I made it more like the colors of the photo using Picked Raspberry distress ink.

And last I mounted everything.

I think the stamps on the background really supports the design of the page and it is so great to have the possibility to design any stamp I want using the Stampmaker.
All old stamps I keep in a plastic yar so I can look through them every time I make a page and choose the once I think will support the page. 

Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment